Take up open water swimming
The Eastern Cape Swimming Series is presented by Zsports Events NPC and sanctioned by Nelson Mandela Bay Aquatics as the only official open water swimming series in the Eastern Cape where swimmers can qualify for SA OWS Champs.
The Series caters for all open water swimmers and triathletes and encourages growth in this fun sport.
Each race day in the Series will therefore be open to both swimsuit and wetsuit swimmers but official SSA times are only applicable to the swimsuit category in accordance with FINA OWS rules.
Each race day will include the following swim distances: 10km, 5km, 3km and 1km swims.
This season the Series returns to Marina Martinique under the management of Zsports Events NPC with the hosting support from Swimming Plus.
This season the EC Swim Series will consist of 5 race days including the NMBA OWS Championships, offering all registered swimmers the ideal opportunity to achieve qualifying SSA times.
VENUE: Marina Martinique, Jeffreys Bay.
- 08h00 Registration opens
- 09h00 10km and 5km Swim Starts
- 09h05 1km & 500m Swim Start
- 10h15 1km & 500m Swim Prize giving
- 11h00 3km Swim Start
- 12h30 10km, 5km & 3km Swim prize giving
The 2016-17 Series race days are scheduled for:
- Round 1 - Sunday 23rd October
- Round 2 - Sunday 6th November
- Round 3 - Sunday 20th November
- Round 4 - Sunday 15th January
- Round 5 - Saturday 4th February - [NMB OWS 5k] starts 2pm
- Round 5 - Sunday 5th February [NMB OWS 10km & 3km Champs]