A sporting festival of family fun in the sun.
Festival Events Program
Saturday 25th February 2017
- 07h30 Gates open
- 08h30 Wimpy 5km Family Fun Run
- 09h30 Black Sheep 42km MTB Cycle
- 09h45 Oracle Media 16km Family MTB Cycle
- 11h00 Foam Party
- 12h00 Prize-giving for the Run & MTB Events
- 13h00 News Cafe Double Mile Swim
- 13h30 Black Sheep Disabled Mile Swim
- 14h30 Oracle Media Family Half-Mile Swim
- 15h30 Anything that Floats (family, fun & inflatable)
- 16h15 Prize giving for Swim Events & Triathlon*
Combine your times as follows;
> Triathlon Lite - 5km Run / 16km MTB / Family Half-Mile
> Triathlon Mini - 5km Run / 42km MTB / Family Half-Mile
> Triathlon Maxi - 5km Run / 42km MTB / Double Mile
Sunday 26th February 2017
- 08h00 Gates open
- 11h00 Wakaberry Kids Across the River Race (8u)
- 11h20 Wakaberry Kids Across the River Race (10u)
- 11h40 Wakaberry Kids Across the River Race ('Special Needs')
- 12h00 Wakaberry Kids Across the River Race (12u)
- 12h15 Prize-giving for Wakaberry Kids Races
- 12h30 Oracle Media Celebrity Race Across the River
- 12h30 Foam Party
- 13h30 SPAR Ladies River Mile
- 14h30 SPAR Men's River Mile
- 15h30 Prize giving for SPAR River Mile events
Festival Entry fee included in your race entry fee if event wrist band worn on arrival.
All swim events swum with incoming tide - Medal for all finishers (45min time limit for Mile). The Double Mile is open to both wetsuit and swimsuit swimmers with no distinction between the two when it comes to placings and/or prizes. The Double Mile is a one direction swim (participants not expected to walk to start).
Anything that Floats
Entry fee is a R20 donation to the Smile Foundation - minimum age is 5 years (must be capable of swimming unassisted)
How fast can you float down the river on an incoming tide ?
Officially this is an UNTIMED event. Being tidal, times are deemed irrelevant. Whilst times will be provided in results, these are not reflective of when swimmers cross the finish line but when they come past the timing station towards the end of the finsih shute.
Please advise so that we can assist you on the day. Disabled swimmers may ONLY take part in the Disabled Mile swim and will be ferried to the start of the race by boat.
Wakaberry Kids Races
For Kids 12 yrs and under not doing the Mile. A fun swim across the river (50-60m). Kids who aren't able to swim unassisted ARE to be helped by an adult. Kids are ferried across the river for the start.
EFT Payment option open until Sunday 19th February, credit card payments until 5pm Friday 24th February - late entries available on race days but additional fees apply.
The only professional non-profit sport event organisation in the Eastern Cape offering exciting, and often different, sport events for the greater community.